ZG Bank Record
Thursday, December 13, 2007
 
Hello all Exalts members:

Just in case you didn't know, this is Kiyachi speaking.

Our forum is down and I have a lot of things to say, so I guess posting here is one of my choices to let my voice out.

I'll begin with some blabbering, feel free to skip this paragraph if you don't have time or simply doesn't enjoy reading from crappy writers. To me, Exalts is my mother guild, is my home in WoW. I leveled from 10 to 70 in this guild. I started from knowing literally nothing at all to leading / main tanking 40 man raids pre-bc. I can still remember the day I hit 60, my first raid in mc, the day we downed nefarian, the day we cleared zg, aq20...... Well, all I'm trying to say is how much I love this guild and how much it means to me.

Now I'm getting to my point. As everyone who logged on for the last couple days would have noticed - we have officially stopped raiding indefinitely. Many important members have left us.

To be honest, I'm guessing most of you reading this message would have seen this day coming. But, I'm not here to blame anything or anyone for what happened. I am here today asking our guild leader Yagami, and everyone who still wearing the guild name to make a simple decision.

What are we going to do?

Trying to make this simple, it seems like we have three options:

---------------------------------

1. Do Nothing.

This is what we are doing right now. People log on, do their own thing, and log off.

2. Do PvE.

BC is not over yet. WotLK won't be out for at least another 6-8 month or so. We can still recruit and start fresh as a new raiding guild. I think a very feasible way is to break us into two raiding time zones where there are no competition: 12am-3am and 7am-10am. And then we start spamming LFG / City channel during those hour, mass recruit and then mass kick people who are not up to the standard (spec / pots / skill). The key here is to focus on raiding and only keep people who wants to raid and kick everyone else. If we're doing this, we need a strong leader which unfortunately we're really lacking of, but if any officer would step up for the job, this could really work.

3. Do PvP.

Please notice that this is very different than choice 1. Do Nothing. This means we will set our mind to PvP. We'll have the officers hosting premade BG on a scheduled time. For example: 2am - 4am Tuesday Yagami will host 2 hour WSG. We can fill up the spaces with pugs, we can even recruit those pugs if they becomes regular and wants to join us. We'll try to set up arena teams for different brackets if you don't already have one. And we might occasionally run some kara or za, but nothing progressional - we're not a pve guild and progression is not what we are pushing for. The key here is we need to pull ourself together as a guild and do things as a whole, instead of everyone going on do their own things and waiting for the guild to fall apart.

---------------------------

So, the choices are yours to make. I sincerely hope that can survive this hard time and prosper again.

I urge our two leaders - Yagami and Littlelock to set a time together online (and on vent, if possible) to decide the future of Exalts. Please post the time in gmotd, I'd try my best to attend the meeting and I invite everyone who still in guild to come as well, let us hear your opinion and we can make a final decision together.

Best regards,
Kiyachi



---------------------------

The following is to about our guild bank and my suggestion to it, if you're not interested, feel free to skip.

First of all, there are roughly 8000-10000 gold and item in the guild bank. They don't belong to any single person. It belongs to everyone in the guild who joined our raids.

Referring to above, if our choice is 1 or 3 and decided to stop raiding. We should split everything in guild bank as equally as possible to all raiders. My suggestion is to let someone trustworthy to sell everything sell-able from gbank and then send out gold proportionally to people who has dkp left - this belongs to them anyways.

I would gladly volunteer myself to this job, I've cleared ZGbank before and I'll make every transaction as clear as possible. But we should discuss this over during the meeting with the officers.

Of course, it doesn't has to be me. As long as officers agree, anyone can do this job.

I do feel there's a need to clear the bank, give it back to the members who earned those gold / items before it starts to rot in the bank. Even if we decided to go back to PvE, as long as we're starting DKP over, we should still do something about all the stuffs that's piling up in the bank.


Well, that's all I have to say now. Thanks for all your time to read this and I'd like to say an early Merry Xmas to everyone :)
 
Comments:
hey kiya i would like to hear more abotu your raid time split,

also yes we need a officer to stand up, i stood my self down from being a officer because i do not haev the time to do it as i did.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home


Links

Great Moments

ARCHIVES
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2007 / April 2008 /


Powered by Blogger